Cover Letter (Part 6): Another Example
Don't be sacred to stretch your limits!!!
Given below is the Job Advertisement that appeared on a job board here in New Zealand.
A six month contract has become available with an immediate start for an exceptional Java developer the successful applicant will be completing front end development on a Web Interface project.
We are looking for applicants with:
- Significant development experience in the Java space
- A person who prides themselves on the highest quality of software writing
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals, for further information on this role or a confidential discussion on permanent and contract opportunities in the development space please contact SB on (09) 000 0000 or s.b@---.co.nz
Here is the Cover Letter
- The candidate has let loose his creativity in this cover letter
- Advertisement specifically asked for someone who prides themselves with code writing; the candidate wrote a static & dynamic code on this cover letter
- Observe the greeting message in the code, "I'm an expert software code writer"
- Of course the text box contents used in the letter could have been better but all in all I would say that this cover letter ends up ticking most of the boxes as discussed in Part 3
Feel free to reach me if you have any questions.
Employment Consultant (IT & Business)